About .am Domains
AMNic is the sponsor and Key System's / ABC Domains is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .am extension that represents Armenia.
Who can register .am domains?
Anyone can register .am domain names, it may take up to 3 business days for new registrations to be approved by the registry.
When registering a .am domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-5 years
- Renewal length: 1-5 years
- Your .am domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether you set the domain name to auto-renew or renew manually. We attempt auto-renewal on the first day of the month prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 10th of the month and again on the 20th of the month.
- For example: Your .am domain name expires on October 10. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by September 20. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on September 1, September 10, and September 20.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 20th of the month prior to the expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. See Renew my expired domain for more information.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Not supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- You must initiate the transfer with the gaining registrar, who will require the registrant to provide an authorization code for the transfer. Contact our GoDaddy Guides for help.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- When you move the domain name, the registrant's first name, last name, and organization (company name) cannot change.
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- CashParking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- A fee is charged to update the registrant's name or organization as doing so starts the domain's registration over. To update your domain's registrant name or organization, contact our GoDaddy Guides for help.
- Must use: 2-4 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.