About .LAW Domain Names
Minds and Machines is the sponsor and Nominet is the backend provider for the .LAW extension.
Who can register .LAW domains?
The .LAW domain name is restricted to qualified lawyers and authorized legal institutions that meet the domain’s eligibility policy. Eligible registrants include:
- Qualified Lawyers: This varies depending on the region, but generally qualified lawyers pass a bar exam or obtain a license, and then maintain their practice.
- Law Firms: These are comprised of qualified lawyers. The .LAW domain name isn’t available to support services such as paralegals or transcriptionists.
- Courts of Law: These are governmental organizations established by law to settle disputes between parties or administer justice in criminal proceedings.
- Legal Regulators: These organizations, such as bar associations in many countries, are established by law to regulate individuals and organizations providing legal services.
- Law Schools: These institutions are approved by legal regulators to educate individuals seeking to become qualified lawyers.
Verification of eligibility is an ongoing effort maintained by the registry for .LAW.
|Registration Length||1-10 years|
|Renewal Length||1-10 years|
|Ownership Protection||Not Supported|
|Privacy Protection||Not Supported|
If auto-renew is enabled on a .LAW domain, we’ll attempt to auto-renew your .LAW domain on its expiration date. In cases where auto-renew fails after the first billing attempt or auto-renew was not enabled at all, we’ll park your .LAW domain name. A parked domain name will show a temporary web page when entering the domain in a web browser. If the domain isn't manually renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
For details on refunds, please visit GoDaddy's Refund Policy page. Most domains will follow the STANDARD REFUND TERMS, but certain domains will have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. So also take a look under:
- PRODUCTS WITH SPECIAL REFUND TERMS > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals
- PRODUCTS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR REFUNDS
- Want to register a .LAW domain? Search for your domain today.