Restore a site using Daily Backups
Use Daily Backups to restore your domains, files, databases, mailboxes, or mail forwarders to a backup date.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy product page.
- Select Web Hosting. Then, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to restore, select Manage.
- In the hosting account Dashboard, select cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel home page, in the Files section, select Daily Backups.
- Select the desired backup date. It can take a few minutes for the corresponding backup to be mounted to the cPanel server.
- In the Types section, select the backup type you want to restore:
- Domains: Selected domains (and all their files) will be overwritten and restored with the backup data.
- Files: Selected files will be overwritten and restored with the backup data.
- Databases: Selected databases will be overwritten and restored with the backup data. Or, a new database is created from the backup, and the existing database is unaffected.
- Mailbox: Selected mailboxes will be overwritten and restored with the backup data.
- Mail forwarders: Selected mail forwarders will be overwritten and restored with the backup data.
- Domains: Select the checkbox to exclude subdomains and addon domains. Subdomains and addon domains will not be affected by the restore.
- Files: Select the checkbox to delete any files in the original location that were created after the backup. If a folder has files that were added after the backup date, these will be deleted, in addition to existing files being overwritten and restored.
- Databases: Select the checkbox to add a suffix to the database name, and then enter a suffix in the text field. A duplicate database will be created with the suffix you entered, and the existing database will not be affected by the restore. You will need to update your website's configuration file to use the dupliciate database.
You'll see a Success confirmation, letting you know the data has been restored.